Again, life goes in a flash — Mom and Dad were here for a wonderful and luxuriously long visit, and now they're home and it's October somehow!
The past few weeks in animals:
- 2 ladybugs in the bathroom
- little brown birds at the red feeder
- mouse I hallucinated while I was mowing the grass
- silken windsocks on the dog beach
- 2 dead squirrels, one a mystery, the other a murder by a certain sweet dog
- Emily and Matt's beautiful chickens
- a ruffled dove that looked like it was wearing a wedding dress
- the Lord God Bird, gone
Reading: Mysteries, always so calming. Books Mom left behind for me, and the library books I can never catch up with.
Watching: Sacred Games with Zoë, which is great but really violent. She has seen it already and is constantly warning, "Oh, a disturbing part is coming up!" Also my regularly self-administered doses of
xanax The Great British Baking Show.
|Breathing more deeply now, aren't you?|