- The sound of the dishwasher just doing its methodical job early in the morning is miraculous and soothing.
- There is a worried pup curled at my feet, and across the room a cat, oblivious, threatens to knock a picture off the wall in his campaign for second breakfast.*
- The NPR people are my constant companions, an intelligent background murmur.
- Murmur, what a word, huh?
- Upstairs, three sleeping humans.
*I keep a supply of rubber bands to shoot, not at Theo, but adjacent to him, when he is gently terrorizing this way. I love this cat, but a person's gotta get some work done some time.
|It doesn't scare him. It diverts his attention in the direction of the rubber bands. It is extremely satisfying on my end.|