- Last week (the week before?), Mark and I went to the pharmacy to get the latest in booster shots from a youthful pharmacist. When she asked me to confirm what shot I was getting, I said, "The...Covid...super duper booster?"
- Later we met a dog from Topeka, a golden retriever named Jersey with a pretty white patch on her chest. Her person (name unknown) went to grad school at K.U.
- I think I want to be composted when I die. I just have to hold off until they offer that option in more places (LIFE GOAL).
- Here's a tip: don't look up scalding on Wikipedia.
And now onto an actual adventure we had, visiting Isaac and Edna in New York for a whirlwind weekend. Thanks to Janet, we had a luxurious Washington Heights apartment as a home base. We also had such great luck with everything: the subway, the weather, and (knock on wood) the Covid. Highlights:
- A brief glimpse of Jonah (including hugs)
- FOOD. Ramen at Minca. Breakfast sandwiches and donuts at Win Son Bakery. Coffee (and art) at Amant. More coffee at Buunni. A Chinese feast at Birds of a Feather. Breakfast and treats at Dutch Baby. *
- Finally getting to be in Isaac and Edna's totally charming and cozy apartment and meet their even more charming cats, Kiki and Ilya.
|TBH as we drove out of Maine I thought "WHY?" but it turned out I was really glad we made this trip.|
|I mean, obviously I was glad. Being with these two in their natural habitat made me deliriously happy.|
|Isaac is magic.|
|Edna and Kiki at home.|
*bonus: these were all outdoor dining situations, except for Birds of a Feather, where we sat at an indoor table beside a huge door open to the back patio.
Post a Comment