Sarah brought me two little baby sweet pea seedlings, which I anxiously nurtured through the end of the winter and into the spring and then planted in a pot outdoors. I keep adding sticks and bamboo poles for them to wrap their tiny tendrils around as they grow taller like Jack's beanstalk. They're sort of humble, and they look like they'd fall over on their fine stems but somehow they don't; they're stronger than they look. Pale cream and pink and violet.
Oh yes, when I see the word "saucepan," it is pronounced in a British accent inside my brain: SUUSpin.
On this day in history: I had to reference NFTs in something for work. Also, "cryptocurrency."
|Make your nails look as smooth as Velveeta feels.|
- Yellow oleander aphids
- Rose weevils, knocked into soapy water
- A ferret, held like a baby at the Pride festival
- A baby goat, also held in arms at the Pride festival, looking less happy about it than the ferret
- Primary-colored birds in my garden: cardinal, goldfinch, blue jay
- A little dog named Blossom
- Swallows dancing over the pond in Deering Oaks