i got a shock in each ear this morning from my ear buds. or maybe it came from the treadmill itself, or from my own personal buildup of static electricity. i've researched this question thoroughly on the internets, and i'm still not sure if i should be afraid to ever go back to the gym again! i think from now on i'll stay at home where it's safe and lie on the couch eating whoopie pies.
i HATE HATE HATE this! it's happened to me numerous times. some headphones are much worse than others so you might want to try a different pair. but you're right; it really does inspire fear of the gym.
this was the first time it's happened to me - and they weren't my dubious old earbuds, but my relatively new, relatively fancy ones that came with my iPhone!! i'm scared to try again, it was so unpleasant.
Peter goes to World Gym, formerly Bally, and he has never had that happen...however, he's shocked and appalled on your behalf!
This happens to me all the time in the winter when I am wearing wool and I've come inside from a dog walk. I think it is static electricity. You can discharge yourself by touching metal before removing your ear buds.
can i discharge myself before i put them in? or while they're in? i'm scared to plug myself back into the treadmill!
Post a Comment